Hi George,

You can roll your own:
Configure the 270 to be able to send email via the SNDDST *LMSG command.
Write a CL that will monitor the appropriate message queue for the
Within that CL, SNDDST *LMSG once the message is trapped.

I have done this to monitor QSYSMSG for any disk or other pending
failing devices. It sends an email to the SMS server at my mobile
service provider, which is then sent to my mobile. Great to know when
things are going south before the users do. You can also write it to
send to email and mobile, or whatever your preferred method of

Let me know if you want the code and I will email it to you (no
attachments to this list :-) ). Also, search the archives for info on
how to set up the iSeries to send email from it.

Jan Megannon.