From: "Metz, Zak" <Zak_Metz@G1.com>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 10:29 AM
Subject: RE: At the risk of sounding like an AS/400 rah-rah...

> I'm one of those freaks, and I know there are a couple more listening.
>
> I have an Xbox, but I barely touch it. It just "feels" like a waste of
time.

> I'd rather develop my programming skill on my AS/400 than play a pointless
video game. To me, the process of solving a programming problem is itself a
(sometimes frustrating) game of sorts, but gives me greater satisfaction
when resolved and eventually evolves into a complete application. I wouldn't
need an AS/400 for that, of course, but if I can, why not use the best (note
the swelling pride)? I have to have some tangible goal to keep myself
interested, so I developed a website that included another interest, and
that's what I use the home machine for (www.distortion.us).

> There are other views, of course. My roommate is also an AS/400 developer,
but couldn't care less about it once he leaves the office.