Currently we have the following settings under CFGTCP, 12. Change TCP/IP
domain information:
Host name  . . . . . . . . . . .   'GDISYS'
Domain name  . . . . . . . . . .   'dekko-1'

When we use SNDDST with *MSG the sender address on the emails will be:
xxxxx@GDISYS.dekko-1
where xxxxx is the user id of the sender.
There are some recipients which check your domain to be valid; our paging
company is one.
The possible workarounds are:
1)  Change all applications which use SNDDST *MSG to use SNDDST *LMSG or
some other sending apparatus.
2)  Give a directory user to those which don't have them, or change all
directory entries for those that do, to have a valid email address
(WRKDIRE).  16,000+ entries.
3)  Change our host name to dekko.  Change our domain name to com.

IBM says that it is a no brainer to change the host name and domain name.
The only thing these are used for is the addresses on SNDDST.  I asked
them if it would adversely affect any of the following:
- NetServer
- QNTC
- Domino settings
- AS/400 email
- etc
And they assured me that it wouldn't.

Changing the WRKDIRE would be the more elegant.  Not only would they
supply a valid domain name, but if they wanted return mail to go to a
particular account it could.  For example, due to various companies I
support I may have a ROB13, ROB26, ROB33... user profile.  I would like
all return mail to go to  rob@dekko.com.  However, those 16,000+
entries...

I want a second and/or third opinion.  Do you think that changing option
12 of CFGTCP may have some adverse affects on my applications?

Benjamin Franklin