I would like to see something on IBM's site about it to know for sure but see

And I called the IBM licenses center to see what it would take to do this.
They did not know and was not sure how I would find out.

In the License Information for OS/400 V5R1
Under Transferability
The program is licensed for use only on the serial numbered machine on
which the OS/400 Program authorized and installed and at the processor
level of that machine. The Program (except for non-zero priced features of
5722-SS1 Operating System/400) may only be transferred with the specific
machine to which OS/400 is initially authorized. The program (except for
the non-zero priced features of 5722-SS1 Operating System/400) may not be
transferred independently of that machine. This constitutes IBM's sole
written consent to transfer any Program covered by this License Information
document.

you may transfer the non-zero priced features of 5722-SS1 Operating
System/400 independently from 5722-SS1 Operating System/400 Program to
another system or to another party provided the Proof of Entitlement and
the Licenses Information document for the non-zero feature are also
transferred.

When the iSeries or AS/400 system is transferred, you must also transfer
the "Software License Key" sheet for OS/400.

For Client access under Upgrade there is no transfer section.
If this program is upgraded, you are authorized to use this Program only if
you are authorized user of the previous version or release of this program
that qualifies you for the upgrade(the "Qualifying Product"), and provided
you (i) ether destroy the Qualifying Product or install the new Program on
the same machine as the Qualifying Product and (ii) do not transfer the
Qualifying Product to any other person or use it on any other machine.

Same with WDS, but WDS also has an ENCRYPTION
You assume all responsibilities foe ensuring that the Program is used or
transferred in accordance with all applicable import and export laws,
regulations, and policies from now and beyond the expiration of the License.

So not being a lawyer I would say maybe the software can be transferred.

Could be a question for ination.

What I do not know is 5722-WDS a feature of 5722-SS1 I know it is not non-zero.

John Ross