Jeff:
When I connect to my AS400s via my local LAN, I never get disconnected
and I have systems from 2.3 to 5.1 with several in-between.  I do
however, have a problem if I connected from home, via a VPN connection
over a DSL line.  The 400s drop the inactive sessions.  I am using a
Linksys router to connect my home network to the DSL link, and think I
have seen here before that the Linksys router is a problem.  I have the
latest firmware loaded on the router..... Any ideas?
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know" - rw

I know this has been asked several times but I'm not sure if there is a
solution yet.  Is there any resolution to the problem of telnet sessions
getting disconnected periodically.  It's happened to me twice already
today and when you connect to 10 systems and have to log on again it
becomes very annoying.

Thanks,

Jeff Schmehl