In addition to education in business and computing, I often find that
many people would benefit from a Dale Carnegie Course (how to get along
with other people) and a good expository writing course (how to express
ideas clearly).  This could be one of the things that keep us ahead of
others.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

> On Behalf Of Wills, Mike N. (TC)
> To: 'midrange-l@midrange.com'
> Subject: RE: Experience vs College Degree
>
> Justin, I am 22. As we all know our future in IT changes everyday. Who
> knows
> what the future may hold. My father recommended me continuing my
> education.
> We won't know what companies will demand in the future for degrees (or
if
> you will need them at all).
>
> I know many on this list don't have degrees. No offense to the group,
but
> they are... um... experienced in the world. They have had their jobs
for
> many years. They are going from past experiences, which is what us
young
> pups want, but we also need the wisdom to look ahead for ourselves.
The