1. There's a startup program where this can go. You RTVCLSRC QSYS/QSTRUP
and put it somewhere, then modify it as needed. Or you may already have
this on your system. WRKPGM *ALL/QSTRUP will give you a list of all that
exist (and maybe that you are authorized to).

On recent releases, the host servers, needed for things like Client Access,
and probably other client products, is started when TCP/IP is started.

Here's from the TCP/IP Reference:

>If you want TCP/IP processing and any related TCP/IP servers to start
>automatically at the initial program load (IPL), add STRTCP to the QSTRUP CL
>program.
>Note: If they are installed, the Client Access host servers are
>automatically started
>when TCP/IP is started.
>Changing the IPL Start-Up Program The autostart job in the controlling
>subsystem
>transfers control to the program specified in the system value QSTRUPPGM. You
>can tailor this program. For instructions on how to create your own IPL
>start-up
>program, see Work Management
>(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v5r1/ic2924/info/rzaks/rzaks1.htm)
>in the Information Center. If you are using the Supplemental Manuals CD, then
>switch to the iSeries Information Center CD to access this information.

STRTCP will start the TCP servers that have autostart(*YES) in their
respective configs. You do that from the TCP/IP config menu.

2. Most emulators have the ability to specify device names. If you don't
you get a QPADEV*. Check out the session config for each one. Normally, if
you  try to use the same device name from different PCs, there will be a
conflict. Some clients have a way to auto-increment the name somehow.