Well, the saga continues.  I was able to solve a big issue with the
whole naming convention things we talked about by just defining the
default printer in user profiles.  Why?  Well, that's my problem.

Most AS/400s I work on aparently are V3R7M0 (I assume that means Version
3 Release 7 Mod 0).  As I was on the phone with BOS tech support they
told me that I needed to have certain PTFs installed so that session
names were auto created on the AS400 when specified in their (or any
other) software.  They linked me to
http://www.bosweb.com/bntcp_ptf.html.  (listed below) I checked if the
PTFs (what are PTFs?  I assumed they are like system libs) they want for
V3R7M0 using a command (that I forgot to write down and could use again
:P) that listed all installed PTFs.  I saw no PTFs that start SF____ and
the other PTF they say we need was not installed!  BOS Tech support told
me I need those PTFs and with those, the software will be able to name
those.  I was on a newer AS400 (I forgot to check OS version or if its
PTFs were installed that BOS requests) and the naming the session in the
software worked just fine there.  Would these PTFs be on a CD that most
likely came with the system?  Can I grab PTFs off another AS400 or do I
have to buy these things from IBM?  If I have them, how the frig do I
install them?  OR... Does that have nothing to do with the fact.  FYI:
What was happening was that when we would enter anything into the
session name in the BOS software, the connection would just drop and the
software would try to reconnect over and over again but we never got a
login screen.  If we switched to names that already existed (say DSP07
or whatever the long auto assigned name was) the same thing happened.
Anybody know what to check for if its not these PTFs?  I know some
offices really will need to keep session specific settings, but if this
doesn't work - ill just create a second user for them so they can have
two different sets.

Also - if anyone knows how to specify the session name in mochasoft OR
how to auto connect in mochasoft to a specified hostname or IP - that
would kick butt too!

OS/400 Ver 3 Rel 7 Mod 0
PRODUCT PTF

--------