I don't understand your rather circuitous logic.  You have gone away from the
AS/400 because Mike Otey, an ODBC guy, writes a book about the AS/400, then one
about VB, and then one about SQL Server, and so that means he has given up on
the AS/400.

BRZZZT.  Wrong.  But thank you for yet another completely unfounded post.

Mike is still senior technical editor at iSeries NEWS, and his company, TECA,
still develops software to work with the AS/400:

"Our products include AS/400-platform controls for accessing information on the
IBM AS/400 system from your PC, as well as PC-platform controls. Our controls
may be used in any OLE compliant development environment."

Once again, your logic is flawed from hypothesis to conclusion.

But even so, if you, unlike Mr. Otey, have decided to "give up on the AS/400
platform", then why do you bother to read and post to this mailing list, which
is specifically geared for the AS/400?

I'm just wondering.  Your opinions are obviously anti-AS/400, and your posts
are illogical and unfounded.  Why bother?

Joe