I could explain what that negotiation means, but I'm not sure that it'd
help you.   That negotiation is valid.   The 'WONT DO NEW-ENVIRON' will
prevent you from being able to set your DEVD name from the client side,
but that's perfectly valid, it'll just give you QPADEVxxxx (or whatever
your AS/400 is programmed to do)

It appears that your program is not in the telnet option negotiation...