  • Subject: Re: UPS info
  • From: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (James W Kilgore)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:20:54 -0800

Gary,

On our V3R2 CISC boxes with a Best Fortress UPS we create a separate
message queue to receive UPS and some other messages:  AFAIK, when the
AS/400 receives a signal via this cable a system message is sent.

/* ------------------------------------------------------------------*/
   CHKOBJ     OBJ(QSYS/QSYSMSG) OBJTYPE(*MSGQ)
   MONMSG     MSGID(CPF9801) EXEC(DO)
                CRTMSGQ    MSGQ(QSYS/QSYSMSG) TEXT('Optional MSGQ to +
                             receive system messages')
                ENDDO
   CHGMSGQ    MSGQ(QSYSMSG) DLVRY(*BREAK) PGM($BRKPGM)
/* ------------------------------------------------------------------*/

As you can see program $BRKPGM is assigned to handle messages sent to
this queue.

Parts of this program include:

 /*
------------------------------------------------------------------*/
      DCL   &MSGF        *CHAR 10  /*  Message file name
*/
      DCL   &MSGFLIB     *CHAR 10  /*  Message file library
*/
      DCL   &MSGID       *CHAR 7   /*  Message identifier
*/
      DCL   &MSGDTA      *CHAR 100 /*  Message data
*/
      DCL   &MSG         *CHAR 132 /*  Message
*/
 /*
------------------------------------------------------------------*/
 /* Processing loop to receive error messages
*/
 /*
------------------------------------------------------------------*/
  BGNEXC:   RCVMSG     MSGQ(QSYSMSG) WAIT(*MAX) MSG(&MSG)
+
                           MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) MSGID(&MSGID)
+
                           MSGF(&MSGF)
MSGFLIB(&MSGFLIB)
 /* ------------------------------------------------------------------*/
  /* Power outage - Using UPS battery power
*/
    IF (&MSGID *EQ 'CPF1816')
DO
        ENDWTR  *ALL