Hi, Brendan:

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Brendan Bispham wrote:

> So I need to set up a CISCO router (or alternative?) that has a modem and
> ethernet card. I dial into the router and, without any Netware or NT
> servers, my Nokia can just telnet to the AS400?
> But can I do it with a PC acting as a router? ie PC is connected to modem
> and ethernet, and I dial into the PC and have telnet access? I expect
> servers would do this, but what about a simple Win95/Win98/Linux PC? I like
> the option of a PC mainly because of the flexibility - for instance I could
> have caller-id installed to reject unrecognised phone numbers.

As with many things, Linux is the answer.  Yes, it will handle this for
you easily, and there are lots of good howtos (that's Linux speak for
"help documents") available on the matter.

Dennis Lovelady                    Simpsonville, SC
mail: dennis@lovelady.com          dennis.e.lovelady@ac.com
ICQ:  5734860
Patience - a minor form of despair disguised as a virtue.
        - Ambrose Bierce