• Subject: RAID set upgrade behavior
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 07:31:03 -0700

Recently we upgraded a 720 running V4R3 with just 4 disk units, in a
RAID, set to 10 disk units.  I would have expected the new drives to
show up as part of the RAID set but without any of the parity
information on them. This is not what happened as there are now 8 drives
with parity information and two without.   While this is certainly what
I would have WANTED it is not what I have experienced in the past.  Note
that the system was NOT rebuilt.  The drives were just installed, added
to the RIAD set, and added to the system ASP.

Is this a change in V4R3 that I was not aware of?  Has anyone else
experienced this?

Inquiring minds want to know!

 - Larry

 Larry Bolhuis