I would somewhat tend to agree that the AS/400 may not be the desirable
machine to run your firewall on, but it works. It was the choice I had,
basically because the price was not prohibitive, and anything on the AS/400
was perceived as goodness, (your IBM blue ;-) ). I think the product in
itself is fine, but I would think about it before I would just do it again
because it works. I have performance concerns, and my release lacks some
features I need.

On the positive side, the way it caches pages seems to work well. If people
visit same sites, the performance improves. Yes, there are other
firewall/proxy products that do this caching, and may do it better. I have
V4R2, and as I eluded to in a previous message, the newer version has some
improvements. It offers a wide feature set for those that are interested. I
have heard the popularity surprised everyone, including IBM.

Bob Randall
Airxcel, Inc.