At 07:00 PM 2/21/99 -0600, you wrote:
>We use jet direct cards on a primarily netware network with a few NT
>servers interspersed, all HP printers. Netware handles the print queues. We
>seldom have any trouble, and when we do, it can usually be attributed to
>buggy HP drivers. The AS/400 talks directly to these devices, so even if
>Netware has problems, the printers are still available to the AS/400. We
>have them configured as LAN printer devices, not remote output queues.
>Pete Hall

We print to about 150+ printers.  I would rather find a way where I don't
have to buy 150 jet direct cards and put them into the computers.  We also
have a few workgroup printers that print from the AS/400 using Jet Direct
boxes.  They work like a champ!  But my problem lies with the personal
printers connected to user's PC 's.
Steven Sharpe       --
Sharpe Consulting
-----AS/400 Consulting-----