be sure you are up on ptf's.  Here's my latest chart:

Below is what I think I have found for the current PTF's as of 2/3/99 as
your list states  "Order PTF cover letter II10918 for a list of the PTF's
required for your release"

IBM gives out the base PTF's and specificly when your order the PTF's by ECS
will order the suberceeded PTF for you along with any pre/coreq PTF's that
may be needed.  I'm NOT 100% SURE that if your order these PTF's listed
below that you will get everthing you need, but think you will.

                    TELNET TN5250E Backfit PTF's as of 2/3/99

           +-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+
           |   V3R2    |   V3R7    |   V4R1    |   V4R2    |   V4R3    |
+----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+
| 57xx-SS1 |  SF49121  |  SF47406  | *SF52402  |  In Base  |           |
|          | *SF51874  | *SF51875  | *SF52402  | *SF49336  |           |
+----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+
| 57xx-999 | *MF20169  | *MF20526  | *MF20524  | *MF20525  |           |
+----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+
| 57xx-TC1 | *SF50020  | *SF50019  | *SF50018  | *SF50017  |           |
|          | *SF50020  | *SF50019  | *SF50018  | *SF50017  |           |
+----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+

Thanks to Jim Lowry at Synapse for the research.

BTW, we have many printing fine on V3R2 with Synapse WinAPPC and Synapse
NetWolf with no problems.

Hope this helps!

At 11:31 AM 2/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello all!
>
>First some background:
>
>One of my clients has a network of 5 AS/400's (all on V3R2).  This network
>is also connected to a
>combo NT, Netware network.  Most (about 95%) of the connections to the
>400's are through PC's
>and Netsoft.
>
>Now the problem:
>
>We have been using the new? Netsoft printer method of printing to the local
>printer attached to
>the PC.  These PC's are not assigned a static IP address.  The Netsoft
>method allows you to
>create an output queue on the 400 and then through some method attach to
>the output queue/system
>and print.  The problem is that it is unstable (read VERY UNSTABLE).  I
>have bothered Netsoft
>until they told me that IP Printing on V3R2 is unstable and that is why
>their product is unstable.
>(Just an aside, I DON'T BUY THAT FOR ONE SECOND!!!!!!)  I have made sure
>that the latest
>cum package is on all systems.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas of printing that I could put into effect?
>Netsoft is not going away at
>this client site and I have no problem with them as far as the Terminal
>Emulation goes.
>
>Thanks for letting me get this off of my chest!  Any help/suggestions would
>be greatly appreciated.
>--
>Steven Sharpe       --  steven_sharpe@bigfoot.com
>Sharpe Consulting
>
>-----AS/400 Consulting-----
>
>+---
>| To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
>+---

Jerry Draper, Trilobyte Software Systems, since 1976
Specializing in connecting PC's, Windows, MAC's, and LAN's to the AS/400
Representing Synapse, Apple, IBM, UDS, Nlynx, MI, DCI, Netsoft, etc.
(415) 457-3431; (415) 258-1658fax; jdraper@wco.com