Krys Theodore wrote:

> Didn't they say the same thing about C a couple of years ago????

Yes & they also said Smalltalk was "the" Silver Bullet.... Neither
one has shown much promise.... This conversation seems to reappear
every 4 or 5 years.... The true bottom line is, as several other
people have pointed out, is $$$$$$$$.... Java can be the latest &
greatest thing since sliced loaf bread, but until there is some
"substantial" reason to use Java, you will not see much in the
average shop that has Java associated with it.... There will be
always be some shops that try the newest thing, but they are the
exception... After watching this industry for a very long time, this
is not words of wisdom, just experience... E-Commerce is fine, but
again....very few folks will trust their real money with the web...
"Might" use it as a possible Sales Tool, but, conduct major business
on the web.... I don't think so... I doubt very seriously most shops
have even bothered to look at Java, little less invest in it.... The
folks on this little mail group represent a "VERY" tiny fraction of
400 folks, so, the views here, aren't the same as everyone else....

I believe "some" developers will look at JAVA, but, bet the farm on
somthing that is still in the infant stage.... Naaaaaaaaaaaaa