Gary,

First the disclaimer:  I am the developer of and a partner in
the company that markets the Fax Server/401 product mentioned
below.  Therefore my opinions on this subject are of course a
bit biased.

Fax Server/401 handles all of your AS/400 needs with a variety
of interfaces.  These range from where you imbed commands into
your spool file (F#F# and the fax number), our EzAPI where you
imbed nothing and we just pick the info out of your spool file
(we where the first with this one!) to SndAPIFax which is
command based.

We will also use your database for the "phone book" instead of
forcing you to load up your customer information into "our"
files.

And of course there are interfaces that allow you to send
"ad-hoc" spool files, office documents and "Quick Notes".

In addition to this, we have full network support.  This
includes a native 32bit TCP/IP Windows (Win95 & NT v4) interface
and "print capture" that works similar to Win Fax Pro.

I am a bit biased, but I think it is the best solution on the
market.

Quadrant also makes a very good Fax Product.  They are our main
competitor in fact.

You can call Kevin Calhoun at 317-873-1550 Extension 101 and get
a 21 day free trial of Fax Server/401.  I believe Quadrant also
offers a trial period.  Why not take a trial of both and compare
yourself?  I know which one will win...but this way you also
will know.

If you would like more details on Fax Server/401, please contact
me via private Email at bcrothers@netdirect.net as further
discusion on this subject by me would probably violate the rules
for this news group.

Regards,
Bob Crothers
Cornerstone Communications