Re: "Webulating" RPG

  • Subject: Re: "Webulating" RPG
  • From: Chris Rehm <Mr.AS400@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:08:49 PDT

fixed

** Reply to note from "Doug Aarestad" <aarestad@feist.com> Thu, 26 Feb 1998
06:23:46 -0600

> How does CODE/400 stack up against SEU in performance.  I am in a
> development machine where the "competition" for resources is fellow
> programmers, some of whom insist on interactive testing/comiling.  I
> constantly fight a battle of waiting 15-20 seconds for "movement"!

Well, since Code/400 runs at the PC instead of on the 400 you don't have to
contend for CPU.

Also, precompiling on the PC means there won't be any more CPU hogging by
job after job being launched to syntax check variable definitions or
do-loops.

> Also, I have been waiting for pricing information to show up here.  It has
> been asked, but not anxswered by anyone.

I did put up an estimate of what I remember, but I don't have the current
price. I am hoping Jon can get that.

Chris Rehm
Mr.AS400@ibm.net

How often can you afford to be unexpectedly out of business?
Get an AS/400.
+---