• Subject: Re: Performance tuning suggestions
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:51:40 EST

> You could calculate out your estimated pool size, then set QPFRADJ to 2
>  or 3 and plug the value in to the Minimum Size % on WRKSHRPOOL (F11) to
>  prevent the old case where it would give away all the memory from the
>  pool if it wasn't being used.  This should be just as good as
>  'pre-allocating' memory to the pool and still give you some auto-tuning.
>  I presume you aren't running V3R6 on the 530.

Unfortunately, the 530 isn't where I have the real problem.  It was configured
to handle two plants, only one of which is online at this time.  Sorry for
causing the confusion.  Our _real_ problems are on the development box, which
is a 320 4-Way.

Thanks for what, I'm sure, will be a sorely needed tip for the RISC box when
the other plant comes online!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"I put instant coffee in the microwave and went back in time..." -- Steven