  • Subject: RE: Demise of V3R2 & V3R7 Support
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:41:47 -0600

I agree.

For V3R2, they're telling you they will support it past Jan 1,2000 and
that if any Year 2000 'quirks' are discovered, that they WILL be
responding with PTF's and fixes for all the CISC machines - at least
until the end of May 2000.  That means they are standing behind their
claim that V3R2 IS Year 2000 compliant.
If anything, that should be giving you a warm fuzzy feeling.  They could
have announced V3R2 support terminates on December 31, 1999.  :-)

As for V3R7 - by June 1999 IBM will probably be up to V4R4 at least, so
it would be impractical to expect them to still support a RISC release
that's 4 levels behind.

... Neil Palmer                                     AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology - Canada     ____________          ___  ~
... Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada     |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
... Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238      oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
... mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com          http://www.NxTrend.com