  • Subject: RE: Client Access/400 CWBLM0006 message
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 05:12:43 -0600

This is the only hit I got in the IBM SIS database.
There are several PC5250 bugs in the SF43837 Service Pack.
Try downloading SF45545 from http://www.as400.ibm.com/client
Have you disabled QUSER from signing on ??  :-)

Item RTA000103020

Source..........: US     RSYS
Last updated....: 05/01/1997
Abstract........: MSGCWBLM0006 CONNECTING WITH CLIENT ACCESS FOR WIN95
Q:
RESPOND ELECTRONICALLY.
Route = WWQAEQUAL.
Abstract: MSGCWBLM0006 CONNECTING WITH CLIENT ACCESS FOR WIN95

HELLO,

I HAVE CLIENT ACCESS/400 FOR WINDOWS 95 V3R1M1 SERVICE PACK LEVEL
SF36096. I AM USING AN 802.2 CONNECTION TYPE.

WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT I GET MSG CWBLM0006. I DID A WRKLICINF FOR THE XA1

PRODUCT AND I SHOW *NOMAX FOR NUMBER OF USERS AND ONLY 22 ACTIVE WHEN I
TRY TO CONNECT. I VERIFIED THE JOBD IN MY USER PROFILE. I TRIED A CUSTOM

JOBD AND QDFTJOBD AS WELL. I TRIED USING USER ID'S AND QSECOFR ID AND
GET THE SAME ERROR. I AM SURE THE CONFIGURATION IS OK BECAUSE IT
CONNECTED LONG ENOUGH TO CREATE DEVICE DESCRIPTIONS.
THE ONLY ITEMS I COULD FIND ON LINK ABOUT MSGCWBLM0006 HAD TO DO WITH
BAD OR MISSING JOBD IN THE USER PROFILE.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANK YOU
A:
My suggestion at this time is to take a look at the QUSER profile.
Verify that the MAXSTG value is set to *NOMAX.  The QUSER profile
is used by the WIN95 client for various aspects and its values are
critical to the client's operation.

If this value is set correctly, and you are still not connecting, please
provide a bit more information.
You are connecting via Netsoft router, but twinax, trlan, elan???
What brand and bus type card (ISA or PCI) is it?
Have you installed the 32bit MSDLC and then its update (trlan & elan)?
Thanks]
Q:
RESPOND ELECTRONICALLY.
HELLO,

I WAS ABLE TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM BY DOWNLOADING THE LATEST SERVICE PACK

VIA FTP. I INSTALLED IT LOCALLY AND WAS THEN ABLE TO CONNECT.

THANK YOU.
=

... Neil Palmer                                     AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology - Canada     ____________          ___  ~
... Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada     |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
... Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238      oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
... mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com          http://www.NxTrend.com