Marc:
I haven't done a model 600.  I did some work on one last week and I believe
just from glancing behind the system that the Ethernet card in that machine
was already 10baseT compatiable.  It was a PCI bus system only, therefore
that is probably the difference.  Some of the guys on the list who
sell/resell hardware maybe able to confirm that all the PCI bus systems
(600/620) that have a PCI bus Ethernet card support 10base T with no
Ethernet transciever.
HTH,
Carl

At 06:01 PM 12/1/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>That should be about it.  The CISC Ethernet cards do not come with an
>>Ethernet transciever (converts the thick ethernet to 10 base T), so if you
>>are going to connect to a 10baseT network/hub be sure to pick one up.
>>It'll run you abour 50 bucks.  Good luck.
>

>Carl
>
>  Does this mean that the set up is different for a RISC machine?  When
>we get our new 6xx system, it will come with a 100/10 Ethernet card.  We
>currently have the 10M Ethernet card.  What will the set up differences be?
>
>Thanks,
>Marc Zylka ( mzylka@netpath.net )
>
>+---
>| To submit a new message, send your mail to "MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com".