  • Subject: RE: Modifying CHGPWD
  • From: Walden Leverich <walden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 13:20:50 -0400

Just a guess, but... I would say that OS/400 calls the CPP for the CHGPWD
command directly, thus skipping your new CHGPWD command. Try creating a
program named QMNCGPWD (V3R1 cpp, your mileage may vary) and place it above
QSYS in the library list. Of course, if IBM qualifies their call to the
command or the CPP then this won't help.

Another option is not to use the OS/400 password expiration facilities, but
rather implement your own, and check for password expiration in the initial
program. Of course this is not as clean as the native method, but if it
works....

Finally, if your password validation rules are so complex that you need a
screen to remind the user how to generate a valid password each time, then
I would guess that the user has a cheat sheet at his/her desk with the
current password, and all your great password validation just went out the
window.

-Walden