  • Subject: RE: COMMON in San Antonio (fwd)
  • From: Bob Cozzi <BobCozzi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:22:00 -0500

In the past, at COMMON some people have said, and I quote "It is better to
throw away 1000 copies, than to have one attendee go without a copy."

This is kind of like letting Washington DC run COMMON "it's not our money."

I like the ideas you've all suggested. Particularly the ones the suggest
having attendees select sessions in advance. This would be greatly
simplified by having the Course of Study concept correctly implemented. We
are working very hard at getting it implemented correctly, but we have a
long way to go.

You know, I will be frank, we did not do it right the first time. So we
have to do it over again. There are a lot of reasons why it wasn't done
correctly, we learned a lot about our own ability to drive a change that
big through a volunteer structure. There are so many levels of experience
and comprehension that, well, let's just say it was a bit more challenging
that we had hoped it would be.

While there is no magic pill, or silver bullet, I do think there are
dynamics that can help us. I'm a big believer in dynamics. I believe in
making mid-course corrections in order to end up where you're heading. You
cannot simply toss a rocket at the Moon and expect it to land there. As we
move to the future, I look forward to every COMMON member contributing to
these mid-course corrections.

Bob Cozzi
Bob@RPGIV.COM
www.rpgiv.com