  • Subject: RE: RPG - conversion vs re-write
  • From: Bob Cozzi <BobCozzi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 19:25:57 -0500

We do NOT have null values in dates, or any other fields. There is a NULL
INDICATOR, however.

A really sucky implementation of nulls. You set ON a %NULLID(myDateFld)
flag and then test if it's equal to ON. The date field can contain only
valid dates, but the null indicator can be on or off.  I am very
disappointed in this implementation. ;-(

Bob Cozzi
Bob@RPGIV.COM
www.rpgiv.com
AS/400 Books:  http://www.rpgiv.com/as400Books.html