  • Subject: RE: AFP tax forms
  • From: "Kenneth E. Graap" <kgraap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 19:06:35 -0700

Dean wrote:

> But are you using the right platform :-)?  I would think that, for employee
> forms, you could go to the IRS web site on a PC and print them out using
> Adobe Acrobat.  Came in darn handy for ME last year-end!

We print tax forms for all the school districts in our county. Last year we
printed more than 13,000. We printed them on 6 part mailers and had to burst and
decollate the forms prior to sending them out to all the district offices...
Very labor intensive... This year we would like each district to print their own
on the AFP printer at their own location. I'll love being out of the loop on
this job!

The tax forms are not just employee forms either, they are produced via our
AS/400 based financial software. We print the forms and then cut mag tape and
send them to the state and IRS...

I think this will wok just fine. As long as we have the correct overlay... :-)

Kenneth

--
Kenneth E. Graap

kgraap@clackesd.k12.or.us