INFOR SIGNS DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE MAPICS FOR A CASH PRICE OF
$12.75 PER SHARE

 http://www.infor.com
http://www.mapics.com/company/PressRoom/05releases/pr-050127.asp

Combination Creates One of the Largest Enterprise Software Companies in
the World

ATLANTA, GEORGIA, USA â (January 27, 2005) â Infor Global Solutions and
MAPICS, Inc.
(NASDAQ/NM: MAPX), leading global providers of enterprise software
solutions,
announced the signing of a definitive agreement for Infor to acquire
MAPICS.

Under the terms of the agreement, Infor has agreed to pay $12.75 per share
in cash to
MAPICS shareholders. The plan has received unanimous approval from the
MAPICS Board
of Directors and its Special Committee. The transaction is subject to
certain closing conditions,
including receipt of required regulatory approvals and MAPICS shareholder
approval.

Infor focuses exclusively on delivering enterprise resource planning (ERP)
and supply
chain solutions that are designed specifically for the manufacturing and
distribution
industries. By adding MAPICSâ additional scale and reach, Infor will be
able to expand
its manufacturing solutions and increase its ability to compete globally.
The combined
company will have more than 17,500 customers in over 70 countries.

âInfor is building vertical market leadership by assembling proven,
best-of-breed
solutions and deep industry knowledge,â said Jim Schaper, Inforâs chairman
and chief
executive officer. âMAPICS is a respected enterprise software provider
that has been
serving the manufacturing industry for over two decades. The combined
company has the
scale and resources to continue to support our extensive customer base
while investing
in enhancements and long-term product innovation. Both current and future
customers
will benefit from our exclusive focus on manufacturing and distribution
and our
world-class team of professionals with deep vertical expertise.â

MAPICS has approximately 4,500 customers and a team of dedicated employees
who will
expand Inforâs expertise in the manufacturing sector. MAPICSâ strong
affiliate and partner
network will further enhance Inforâs ability to meet the needs of global
manufacturers and
MAPICSâ proven products will allow Infor to offer an expanded suite of
solutions.
Inforâs financial backing, global reach and additional product solutions
will provide
MAPICSâ customers with a path for continuous improvement and long-term
growth.

Dick Cook, MAPICSâ president and chief executive officer, remarked, âWith
the
industry consolidation currently taking place, it was imperative that
MAPICS combine
to create a larger company to help ensure the continued success of our
customers.
While our initial strategy was to grow through acquisition, the
opportunity to be
part of a much larger company while rewarding our shareholders presented
an
attractive alternative.â

Cook added, âAfter a lengthy process, the MAPICS Board of Directors
concluded that
this was the right plan of action. We believe that Inforâs offer is a win
for our
shareholders and that it provides a long term future for our business.â