From: michael.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:michael.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 12:12 PM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: help with an SQL to fix MAPICS file

Hopefully someone on the MAPICS group knows SQL enough to help me debug my
problem:

I am having someone update Customer Class fields in our LIVE environment
to get the data correct.  We do not have the luxury of refreshing the test
environment frequently.   I prefer not to copy the MBBFREP from the live
environment (ZZ) to the test environment (ZD).   What I want to do is
simply update MBBFREP (customer master) in the test environment with the
value of the CUSCL field from the live environment, ignoring all other
fields and handling the possible differences between the files (customers
added or deleted in live or in test since the last refresh).

HERE'S THE SQL I'm trying to use:

update amflibd/mbbfrep a set a.cuscl=
 (select b.cuscl from  amflibz/mbbfrep b where a.comno=b.comno and
a.cusno=b.cusno and
b.comno=11)

HERE'S THE ERROR I'm getting:

Null values not allowed in column or variable CUSCL.

I've tried adding exclusions in my where clause for when the CUSCL IS
NULL, etc., but nothing I'm doing is working.  There are some records in
ZZ that have blank in the customer class field, but when I SQL to find
those with NULL values, I get nothing -- as in no records seem to contain
NULL.   Am I doing somthing in my subquery that would cause the result
rows to be empty?   Everything I've tried indicates there should be
results.

Thanks.

Michael G. Ellis
Information Systems International, Inc.
A Global ERP Consulting Firm
815-398-1670 x23

Choose ISI consultants to ensure consistently top quality implementation
services at all levels of your organization.

"We should be known by what we belong to - not by what belongs to us." --
Unknown