[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Patrick,

I had a similar problem and attempted to use a "trigger".  Then Pete issued
some sample code which seemed to work on all but PLMC/PMC transactions - it
picked up the first user that started the unattached job programs. I added an
RPG program to determine if the Badge number is used and I put that in the
Workstation Id. This field is filled from PLMC/PMC.  If the record is being
added via Transaction Entry, it picks up the user id from the workstation job.
Even though this solution does not give us a standard id, it still assigns the
correct id.  We, too, are waiting for MAPICS to provide an all-inclusive
solution.  I did submit it and it is under review.

RPG program SFI3H

IP1PARM    E DSIMHIST
 *
C           *ENTRY    PLIST
C                              PARM                       P1PARM
 *
C           BADGE     IFGT *ZEROS
C                             MOVEL*BLANKS   TRMID
C                             MOVELBADGE        TRMID
C                             ENDIF
 *
C                             MOVE *ON              *INLR
Change to Pete's CLP:

/* CAPTURE USER ID AND PUT INTO IMHIST RECORD */
             CHGVAR (%SST(&IMH 4 10)) VALUE(&USER)

/* PROGRAM TO REPLACE WORKSTATION ID WITH BADGE NUMBER (IF NOT 0) */
             CALL       PGM(SFI3H) PARM(&IMH)

/* CALL MAPICS VERSION OF THIS PROGRAM        */
             CALL       PGM(&AMALIB/AMI3H) PARM(&LDA &IMH &SHTDN)

             DLTOVR     FILE(*ALL)

>Subject: UPDATE: User ID in the IM Transactions instead of Workstation ID

HTH...

Eric A. Wolf

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: Click Here[1]