system reclaim:  I have 40BG DASD @ 51% Capacity, takes about 6 hours?
(I'm not sure cause I start it on a Sunday morning, come back at night and
IPL,
never bothered to calculate time from job log)

1.   log into you QCTL terminal as QSECOFR.
2.   purge qsys/QRPLOBJ library for old objects.
3.   purge any outques to extent possible.
2.   end all mapics jobs and related subsystems.
3.   end all subsystems: ENDSBS SBS(*ALL) OPTION(*IMMED)
4.   run reclaim:   RCLSTG     direct from command line no params
     (gosh it almost feels like DOS)

                    gcrane@johansonmf

                    g.com                    To:     MAPICS-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-mapics-l@mi        Subject:     Re: Purging data

                    drange.com

                    08/11/2000 03:31

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    MAPICS-L

What do you mean "run an system re-org about 2-4 times a year"?

Leleux@shur-lok.com on 08/07/2000 06:04:15 PM

Please respond to MAPICS-L@midrange.com