From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: 28. september 2010 18:53
To: Java Programming on and around the IBM i
Subject: Re: Glassfish 3.0.1 on the AS/400. Console App not running

Documented bug in the xalan version included in Java 6
(The post below is close what the issue is - sounds like there were
several issues with the xalan included in Java 6)

http://ant.1045680.n5.nabble.com/Ant-1-7-1-Xalan-and-Java-1-6-0-17-td1356297
.html

I don't know if IBM carried this Xalan bug into the IBM Java 6 JVM or
not, but I do know that the error I was getting:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl not
found

*Seemed* to be related to the bug ( I spent hours searching and frankly
I have lost track of all the reference now).

If you have a solution to the TransformerFactoryImpl not found error
that is better than using the latest Xalan implementation (and making
the classloader load it) then I'd be happy to try it.

The TransformerFactoryImpl not found error is what is causing the
console not to come up.

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.valadd.com