One more attempt at this and now I am going to set this aside until someone has an idea on how to handle this:

I made a change to the jvm settings in the domain.xml file based on this article:

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?tstart=30&forumID=34&threadID=542044&trange=15

I added the following:

<jvm-options>-Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl </jvm-options>

The good news is that it seemed to change things. The bad news is that it cannot find the class:

[#|2010-09-24T11:48:51.497-0600|WARNING|glassfish3.0.1|org.jvnet.hk2.osgimain|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-5;|Exception while starting bundle com.sun.enterprise.osgi-adapter [88]
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle com.sun.enterprise.osgi-adapter [88].
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1751)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1622)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:915)
at org.jvnet.hk2.osgimain.Main.start(Main.java:140)
at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:640)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1700)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1622)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1077)
at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.enterprise.registration.impl.RepositoryManager.<init>(RepositoryManager.java:554)
at com.sun.enterprise.registration.glassfish.RegistrationUtil.synchUUID(RegistrationUtil.java:153)
at com.sun.enterprise.registration.glassfish.PingService.postConstruct(PingService.java:74)
at com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractWombImpl.inject(AbstractWombImpl.java:174)
at com.sun.hk2.component.ConstructorWomb$1.run(ConstructorWomb.java:87)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:202)
at com.sun.hk2.component.ConstructorWomb.initialize(ConstructorWomb.java:84)
at com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractWombImpl.get(AbstractWombImpl.java:77)
at com.sun.hk2.component.SingletonInhabitant.get(SingletonInhabitant.java:58)
at com.sun.hk2.component.LazyInhabitant.get(LazyInhabitant.java:107)
at com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractInhabitantImpl.get(AbstractInhabitantImpl.java:60)
at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.run(AppServerStartup.java:313)
at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.start(AppServerStartup.java:128)
at com.sun.enterprise.module.bootstrap.Main.launch(Main.java:457)
at com.sun.enterprise.module.bootstrap.Main.launch(Main.java:401)
at org.jvnet.hk2.osgiadapter.HK2Main.start(HK2Main.java:125)
at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:640)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1700)
... 9 more
|#]

I have stuffed the xalan.jar, et al jar into every /lib folder I can think of and still no joy. I spent some time looking into how Glassfish V3 is doing class loading but I can't figure out why what I have done is still not working. I could script some explicit class loading but I have already invested 10 more hours into this than I wanted to.

The deployed apps run fine but the nice thing about Glassfish is administration and right now the command line method and autodeploy method is a step backward, even from Tomcat. Hoping someone else has some insight here.

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.valadd.com
www.opensource4i.com