Thank you everyone!
According to "IBM Integrated Web Application Server for i" pdf...
The setting for an application server is found at:
'<Instance Root>/conf/i5OSStartup.properties'
In my case instance root was /www/INTAPPSRV

Now 1.6 is running...

*** AN ASIDE (How to convert files between EBCDIC to ASCII in
QSH/Linux): ***
To track down all the locations of *.properties files and other files,
since I found searching in the QSHELL slow.
So I ran:
find / > allfiles.txt
find / -name *properties > props.txt

and then copied them to my local file system where I could open them in
an editor and search for strings...
However I used Web Access to transfer the files and when I opened them
they were unreadable.
To change the files from EBCDIC to ASCII on a linux system:

dd if=list.txt of=list.ascii.txt conv=ascii

I just tested the above in QSH and it works fine too!
Note the command "dd" has a weird structure parameter "if=" supplies the
input file and "of=" supplies the output file name, conv=ascii changes
to ascii and it is also possible to change from ascii to ebcdic.