Well that is an improvement, after exporting the variable (thanks steve)
it does show 1.6 at the green screen prompt and in qshell... but
not in the app server.

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 14:39 -0400, Alex Pinsky wrote:

After you add environment variable go to qsh and type java -version

Make sure it displays something like this:
java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-b05)
Classic VM (build 1.5, build JDK-1.5, native threads, jitc_de)
$

Of course in your case it should say 1.6 :-)

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Hinrichs
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:32 PM
To: 'java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: How to Set Java Version

Ken,

Which version of java 6 are you trying to use? I would recommend
license option 11, Java SE 6 32 bit. License option 10 for Java 6
(classic) does not exist at V7R1.

Documentation states that java.version=1.6 is ignored. The JDK version
is determined from the value of the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

AddEnvVar EnvVar('JAVA_HOME')
Value('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit')
Level(*SYS) Replace(*Yes)

Another option is you can remove other instances of the java license
program and it will default to what is available.

Hope that helps.

Steve

_______________

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, may include
confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail
is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader
is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this
e-mail immediately.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information contained in this email or fax is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, printing or other use of, or any action taken in reliance upon, the
contents of this email or fax and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. Our liability
to you for viruses or defects associated with any email or fax is strictly limited to resupplying
any affected attachments. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately
notify the sender by telephone at (646) 264-6217 and delete the original message.
Thank you.

A E Rose Logo

Ken McWilliams
A E Rose Information Service Ltd.