You might want to take a look at PCML and using the It's MUCH better to deal with.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure you can't use AS400Text for an
integer parameter. You have to use AS400Bin4.

AS400Bin4 bin4 = new AS400Bin4();
byte[] b = bin4.toBytes(nextSequence);
parmList[1] = new ProgramParameter(b);

On a side note, in Java variables should always begin with a lowercase

String vanguardLocation = "WV";
Integer nextSequence = new Integer(0);

James R. Perkins