Dan Kimmel wrote:
I've been using ProgramCall successfully for years. You have to get the
datatypes right and do the conversions, but once you've got one, all the
rest come pretty easily. And I have some with lots and lots of
parameters going both directions with lots of data types. What do think
is the advantage of PCML? Don't you have to do basically the same thing
in a different format?

1. It's a lot easier to handle data structures in PCML (IMO) ... especially considering you are restricted to 16 parameters in total on a program call from JT400.
2. If I need to change the structure of the parameters, I don't have to touch the actual code ... just the external representation.
3. PCML is (again, IMO) a much straight forward way of representing the parameter structure of a program call than coding the parameters directly in the java code.

I consider PCML to be very similar to prototypes and external data structures.