TAllen@xxxxxxxxxxxx skrev:
Thanks for the info. I guess the tokens were being created for a set of
character delimiters within the string rather than the entire delimiter
string. I did not see that documented anywhere.
If you use Eclipse, then you can see the Javadoc by hovering your mouse over a given identifier (here StringTokenizer) and you can open the Javadoc page of the identifier under the cursor with Shift-F2.

The description for the constructor is not extremely clear: "Constructs a string tokenizer for the specified string. The characters in the delim argument are the delimiters for separating tokens. Delimiter characters themselves will not be treated as tokens. "

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/StringTokenizer.html#StringTokenizer%28java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String%29