Re: RPG to Java Conversion Tool.

fixed

Jon,

How closely does VARPG follow RPGLE?  And how are its Java writing
skills?  One of the funniest things I ever heard about VARPG was from
Phil Coultard in a seminar.

"It writes Java, but it's not really OO.  It's more like just O."

I always thought it was a crime that IBM didn't push VARPG harder.

Mike E.

On 5/22/06, Jon Paris <Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 >> I think VARPG creates bytecode (which is runnable by a JVM) ...
 >> not Java code.

Nope - VARPG generates Java and then compiles it down to bytecode.

You can target it to run as an application or as an applet.

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com
www.RPGWorld.com