TitanRebel wrote:
> I would like to detect when the iSeries must create an index (access
> path) to retrieve data.  Is this possible?  The purpose would be to see
> if any SQL statements have "slipped through the cracks" and identify
> them to be "tuned".  Also, it would identify when/if an index or logical
> doesn't exist on that particular iSeries (these JDBC apps run on
> hundreds of iSeries).

Activate debugging for the jdbc connection ... that will show you the
access paths that are generating in the jdbc server joblog.

To activate debugging ... add 'server trace=44' to your JDBC url.

Then find the appropriate server job and look at the joblog.

You'll find the query optimizer diagnostics pretty helpful.