I would like to detect when the iSeries must create an index (access path) to retrieve data. Is this possible? The purpose would be to see if any SQL statements have "slipped through the cracks" and identify them to be "tuned". Also, it would identify when/if an index or logical doesn't exist on that particular iSeries (these JDBC apps run on hundreds of iSeries).

In a perfect world... I would be able to look at the log and see any SQL statement that forced the iSeries to create an index/access path. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Ken K.