Re: Can I detect when an access path is created?

fixed

Ken:

Try using the VisualExplain feature of the iSeries Navigator's
Database/"Run Scripts..." feature.

It draws diagrams and generates detailed statistics about queries you
enter, including when it needs to build access paths, and what access
paths it recommends you build to improve performance.

Thanks,
Johnny

TitanRebel <TitanRebel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/27/2005 09:55 AM
Please respond to
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Can I detect when an access path is created?

I would like to detect when the iSeries must create an index (access
path) to retrieve data.  Is this possible?  The purpose would be to see
if any SQL statements have "slipped through the cracks" and identify
them to be "tuned".  Also, it would identify when/if an index or logical
doesn't exist on that particular iSeries (these JDBC apps run on
hundreds of iSeries).

In a perfect world... I would be able to look at the log and see any SQL
statement that forced the iSeries to create an index/access path.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Ken K.