Hi Chris,

> Can we run a Sun JVM on the iSeries to compare it?

    JVMs are systen dependent, i.e. native code, at least for startup,
memory management and so on.  That's why Sun, for example, has different
downloads for Windows, Solaris and Linux.  A standard Sun JVM is not
going to run under OS/400 and PPC architecture.

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO         -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?             http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400