    Hi Franco and Michael,

    Personally, it's very understandable to me that AS/400 programmers
might generally expect more understanding and assistance from others
who have gone through the same process than on other lists.

    At the same time, I also understand that some subscribers want the list
honed in on AS/400-specific Java discussion.  For the rest of us,
responding mails that say "ask somewhere else" or "don't do that" often
just add to the noise.

    I moderate one of several forums ( the Java Filter, which is a catch all
for questions that don't seem to fit other forums ) at IBM's developerWorks
Java zone.  These forums focus on standard Java issues ( much more so than
any IBM specific issues ) and all questions are welcome.  If anyone has
questions that they feel may not be appropriate for this list, feel free to
go there.  I have a long background in the midrange, so I generally know
where you are coming from.

    To access the forums, go to

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/

    Near the bottom of the page, under "Community", click on "All Java
technology forums" for a list of available forums.

    I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season.  Now back to the
regularly scheduled program.

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO         -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?             http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400