I don't think I understand. This has nothing to do with files. All this
procedure(method) does is log into the application. The java program is
being called from RPG. Here is the code I am using if that helps.

Calling program:
         DocP_Setup();        // Setup the classpath
         objDocP = DocP_New();
         sessionInfomation = DocP_Login(objDocP:DSUSER:DSPASS:DSURL);

Subprocedure:
     P*--------------------------------------------------
     P* Procedure name: DocP_Login
     P* Purpose:        Login to DocuShare
     P* Returns:        Authority Token
     P* Parameter:      UserName => The username of the user
     P* Parameter:      Password => The password of the user
     P* Parameter:      URL => The location of docushare
     P*--------------------------------------------------
     P DocP_Login      B                   EXPORT
     D DocP_Login      PI              O   CLASS(*JAVA:String)
     D  objDocP                        O   Class(*Java: DocP)
     D  UserName                     30A   CONST
     D                                     OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)
     D  Password                     30A   CONST
     D                                     OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)
     D  URL                         500A   CONST
     D                                     OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)

     D login           PR              O   ExtProc(*Java: DocP: 'Login')
     D                                     Class(*Java: String)
     D  user                           O   Class(*Java: String) Const
     D  pass                           O   Class(*Java: String) Const
     D  urlpath                        O   Class(*Java: String) Const

     D* Local fields
     D retField        S           3276A

      /FREE

       monitor;
         return login(objDocP:
                      #cvtToString(%trim(UserName)):
                      #cvtToString(%trim(Password)):
                      #cvtToString(%trim(URL)));
       on-error *all;
         return *null;
       endmon;

      /END-FREE
     P DocP_Login      E

Mike Wills
Lawson Programmer/Administrator
Taylor Corporation
Email: mnwills AT taylorcorpNOSPAM DOT com
AIM: iSeriesCodePoet