Ciao,
(sorry fo my bad english)
not rigth related to this problem, my personal opinion,  but,
I work on IBM systems from 30 years,
experienced many problems, developed on IBM Basic, RPG, RPGII, RPGIII, RPGIV,
SmallTalk, and Java (maybe some other languages).

If I read all these problems on the ML with RPG and Java I think that maybe the
time (I do it from the beginning) to communicate between Java
and RPG in another way, for example a DTAQ.

Happy to hear othe opinions.