IOException: Object too large

fixed

Hello everybody,

When writing data to an IFS-file, I get the exception <java.io.IOException:
Object too large.> when exceding the 2 GB limit.
Has anyone an idea, what's wrong?

I have done the following checks:

IBM comunicates in a whitepaper
(http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/whpapr/ifs.html#large file
support in the ifs) that large files up to 256 GB are supported till V4R4;
we have V5R1.

There are some other files on our IFS, (in Domino), that are larger than
2GB.

I am using the FileWriter.class to write the data.

Has anyone an idea, where this limit could come from?

Thanks in advance,

      Marc Nothum

Electronic information is not secure, therefore the Entreprise des Postes
et
Telecommunications accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the contents of
this
message, which is intended for the addressee only. Its contents and any
attached files are strictly confidential. If you have received this message
in
error, please telephone the following number 4765-1.