From: code400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:code400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Shaw
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:21 AM
To: code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: The future of VARPG

Kurt,

Did you see the statement in the WDSCi announcement? If you go to
http://www-306.ibm.com/common/ssi/fcgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=an&subtype=
ca&appname=Demonstration&htmlfid=897/ENUS207-030, click Statement of
Direction, and then look under Rich user interface development, you'll
see everything I know. It would be nice if IBM could expand on that
statement, but I wouldn't be surprised if none of our IBMers on the list
are authorized to do that.

My greatest interest is in what they mean by "minimal effort". If I can
install the follow-on to the current VARPG product, open my existing
VARPG projects in it, and have everything work, then that to me is
"minimal effort". I'll be ecstatic if for coding I get to use the LPEX
editor with an outline view just like with green-screen RPG.

In any event, it will be in the 'future release' that they're not saying
anything specific about yet.

Dave Shaw
Mohawk Industries