From: Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: CODE/400 Discussion & Support <code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Reformat macro?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:28:55 -0500

John, I wondered whether I'd been clear enough.

I want to take the following

:p.The CFGDSKHTR command is used to set
run-time control values for the STRDSKHTR
(referred to as the Monitor) and CHKDSKSPC
(referred to as the
Checker) commands.

and have it reformatted to

:p.The CFGDSKHTR command is used to set run-time control values for the
STRDSKHTR (referred to as the Monitor) and CHKDSKSPC (referred to as the
Checker) commands.

This assumes an 80-character record, leaving a blank in position 80 - or not, for UIM.

BTW, :p. is a tag for a paragraph.

I suppose it could concatenate the lines together with a blank between each, then substring to word breaks. Actually, REXX could handle that pretty well. I think, with its WORDS() and WORD() functions. Then put the new lines back where the original ones were.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks

Vern