Phil, please see comments in line. Thanks, Jim

At 01:21 PM 3/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Jim, regarding your requests:
  #1. Drill down. We do today in 4.0 support expanding any library to
         see all the objects, and expanding any source file to see all the
         members, just like option 12 in PDM.  So I assume what you are
         asking for is slightly different, and I think you are asking for
the
         ability to filter each expansion, instead of showing all the
children,
         and you'd like to be able to specify this filter information for
         each level (lib, obj and mbr) in the filter itself.   Is this
correct?

A big YES!! To be able to graphically see which member is in which file or which object is in what library would help.

         If yes, then we do not support this, but its an interesting idea.
         However, what is new in V5 that might help a bit is an
         "Expand To" action in the popup menu for a library, allowing
         you to expand that library by a specific object type. I've
         tried to include a screen shot here, but it might not survive
         the posting.

The picture got stripped out as I expected. I saw a little at COMMON, and seem to remember something Violaine showed me.

#2. Be able to drag an object/member from one place to another, as a copy operation. This we are delivering in 5.0! And beyond your expectations perhaps ... source files and members can actually be copied between systems, and even to/from local or Unix or Windows or Linux systems.

Thank you!!!

   #3. Something about right clicking for delete being good and bad.
         Not quite sure if there is a request here or not.

Not a request, just a comment that it could be misused (as anything else) by an unconscious/unaware programmer. Maybe a way to control the delete function?

Hope this helps!

Yes it does, and I repeat what I said at sound off in Nashville - You guys rock with your support here and on the web! Thanks for listening to us and for all the help you give.

Phil Coulthard, iSeries Software Architect,  IBM Canada Ltd.
coulthar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx